Here at the Waynesville Youth Center we believe in the old African proverb that it takes a village to raise a child. Which is great, because Waynesville is a village! The WYC acts as a gateway and screener to allow the right young adults and adults get into the places that they can interact with and support the students and children of Waynesville and it’s surrounding area. Through providing tutors and mentors for students in a safe environment we allow the village to help raise a child, while keeping the child safe and protected. All volunteers are interviewed and background checked before they become a tutor and mentors require character references to make sure we are only putting the most stand up people in front of our students.
If you are interested in becoming a tutor or mentor, let us know! Please just double check the requirements for each below, and if that all looks good to you, then fill out the contact form and we will be in touch as quick as we can!
- Loves helping students excel in academics
- Can prove knowledge in a particular or multiple school subjects (basic math, algebra, calculus, biology, physics, etc.)
- Is willing to undergo a background check
- Loves helping students excel and better themselves in life
- Can provide three character witnesses that can speak to your life experiences and personality as a possible mentor
- Is willing to undergo a background check and interview